December 26, 2014

New Years Resolutions: Are they realistic ?

So with the new year right around the corner, alot of us are coming up with New year resolutions. I have started coming up with them about three years ago, clueless, and new to it all . Now In my opinion, people don't think enough about their resolutions for the new year. People set unrealistic goals, and when they don't reach them, they bring themselves down. And I know this because the same thing happened to me, multiple times, and it was no fun. There is a big difference between having a resolution, and a GOAL. A resolution is something that you can basically change right away and start or stop. A goal, is something that requires a lot more effort, passion, and time. For example, a resolution that i have is to drink a lot more water during the day. Again, this is simple, and i can just do it as a change, and it doesn't require much effort. I can easily make that a goal by setting a certain amount that i should drink everyday, ex: 2 bottles of water p/ day. This is where being realistic with your goals and resolutions comes into place. You need to know, if you are capable of starting and maintaining this through out the ENTIRE year. If not, then think a little deeper about that goal/resolution and decide if you really are passionate about it.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your style of writing. I've only read one blog post of yours, and I can already tell I will enjoy your corner of the internet very much! I'm following!

    ReplyDelete