March 23, 2015

~Being Grateful ~


I feel like often we are so busy doing things, thinking about what we want and  should have,  that we forget to be thankful for what we have right now. 
I have been thinking about this so much lately, I can't help but wonder- 
What does it truely mean to be grateful?  
As a little child I was always told to be thankful for everything that I have, but I always let it just slip by.  But only recently I actually started to look for the good in every situation and instead of wishing for a whole bunch of things I  don't have,  be thankful for all the things I DO have. Sometimes I  find myself taking big things for granted like warm water,  a bed, heating,  family ect...
There are people that have it  so much worse than you and I. People have no food,  or shelter,  or electricity,  and yet  I get frustrated when the WiFi is slow or my phone battery is dead. So what exactly is my point? When times get rough,  or you really want something you can't have,  just think about how fortunate you are to be alive and well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment